What is WordPress theme?
A WordPress theme helps make your website appear differently. These themes decide how content is showed and displayed on a website. Selecting your theme can help you show your content in different layouts, display it wherever you want it to be displayed, additions like pictures and videos can be placed on your website anywhere you want using a theme.
What is a premium WordPress theme? Why do you need it?
A theme can be free or paid. A user can select from the thousands of free themes made available. However, a theme which is paid for and designed is called a premium WordPress theme or a commercial WordPress theme.
Premium WordPress blog themes are designed and coded by professionals including advanced features unlike free themes. A premium theme has increased functionality and has many additional services and is usually sold for fixed amount.
A commonly sought out question is why a user would need a premium WordPress theme than using a free and available theme. A few of the main reasons why a premium theme is beneficial are,
- Quality – a premium theme is coded by professionals and has validity as free themes is mostly coded by amateurs and can be of bad quality. Therefore, a premium theme is more ensured and can give higher rankings for your search engine.
- Price – Using a designer to design a theme for a website can cost nearly $2000. Whereas, a WordPress premium theme can only cost around $30- $100 making it affordable.
- Unique – Due to its cheap price tag, premium themes have more uniqueness because the free themes are used my thousands of websites.
- Benefits to SEO – The Search Engine Optimization of the user’s website can be in harms way as the free themes are usually coded by amateurs and usually do not use the best coding practices.
- Support – If any issue arises in using a premium WordPress theme, the user can always seek for the support of the developer. Minor modifications and help are given through support forum or email.
- Functionality – Switching to a WordPress theme premium layout, users can experience more features which are not offered in a free theme. Benefits like additional colour schemes, changing the layout, is offered by a premium theme.
- Selection – there are more themes to select by for many users with different purposes and those who look out for different styles.
- Peace of mind – a free theme can be distributed by dodgy coders with malicious links and suspenseful code. However, a premium theme is clean and optimized which helps the website perform at its best.
- Updates – as continuous feedback is received for themes from users, the developers are continuously work on making themes better and providing better updates to improve the quality and ranking of the user’s website.
WordPress theme installation
Installing a WordPress theme is perhaps simple for the most part. Below shows the method a WordPress theme can be installed and activated.
- Access install theme functionality in WordPress admin- after logging in to the site admin page, go to Appearance then Theme. This will show the themes the user has currently installed and to add a new theme, simply click on the Add New option. A theme from your local hard drive or WordPress theme directory can be chosen.
- Choosing and Installing a theme from the WordPress directory- if a user knows the themes name they can easily find it using the tag. Once the user finds a theme they want to use, they can use it in their site by clicking the blue Install option.
WordPress will download and install the theme for the user, whereas the user has to simply click on the Activate button to activate the theme.
- Uploading a theme which is already downloaded- if a user wants to use a theme which is not from WordPress themes, they can simply upload it from Themes and then Install Themes. the user can do this by selecting the Upload Theme option on top of the page.
Next, by selecting the Browse button, the user can select a theme from their computer and after selecting a theme from their local computer they can click on option Install Now and WordPress will upload the theme for you and the following step is to press the Activate option to enable the theme.
Getting started with your premium WordPress website
Due to its community of nearly 35% of all websites, WordPress has been the most popular way to get started with a website. The flexibility and extensions for customization WordPress is the most popular choice amongst users.
In order to get started on your Premium WordPress theme ,
1. A domain name should be decided- initially a name for your website should be selected. For example, if the website is created for a business, the business name should be used in the domain for easy search by visitors. An extension like .COM, .CO, .NET can be bought if not provided by the hosting provider.
2. A hosting plan should be chosen- a hosting company will make your website accessible by hosting your websites. For a starter, a shared hosting plan is the most sensible choice, however, some hosts will limit the number of resources a user can use or the number of websites a user can host. A user with a higher budget can try out WordPress hosting if they lack the knowledge to maintain a website.
3. Prepare content and images- having the content prepared prior to setting up the site can help save time. The content in a site will solely depend on the use for it was created.
Purchase a premium WordPress theme- in setting up a premium WordPress theme, lastly is to select a theme based on the website the user wants to create. As there are themes for every possible purpose, finding a theme is an easy task
“What WordPress theme is that” ?
‘ What WordPress theme is that ,’ is a theme detector that helps you identify what theme a website uses. It is a free online tool that a user can use to identify a certain theme and it includes an additional function of identifying what WordPress plugins are used.
“WordPress theme detector”
Similar to the tool, ‘what WordPress theme is that,’ the WordPress theme detector a free provided instrument that helps a user find all details relating a specific WordPress theme and plugins used on a site.
10 Most Popular Premium WordPress Themes
Currently Schema is the fastest loading and ultra-SEO friendly WordPress theme. For $59, the subscription provides up to 1 year of support and updates from the point of purchase. Schema includes, rich snippets to help search engines the user’s site and rank the site higher. Moreover, it includes custom options panel, all short codes and widgets with a pixel perfect design.
The Scribbler theme has several blog layout options and multiple headers. Scribbler claims to have many options to customize the user’s website and showcase using the perfect layout. For $59, the users receive a subscription of 1 year with support and updates from the point of purchase.
Tabloid offers a minimalist design but all the powerful inclusive of a 2-header layout and 9 homepage layouts. The subscription od $59 comes with a years’ service of updates and support.
The personal theme claims its perfect for any website with a personal aspect or touch to it. This theme can be viewed on all devices of all sizes and offers two header layouts to create the website. Moreover, this theme is responsive, optimized and SEO ready for $59.
The beauty theme offers an aesthetically peaceful design, beautiful style element and a SEO friendly layout. They promise the user that it is the best theme for a beauty, style and fashion website. It includes subscribe layouts, 8 homepage layouts, a slider layout and header layouts.
This theme is inclusive of easy to use options to optimize the loading time of the user’s website. This theme provides a refreshing new look and a fully optimized layout. A built-in features slider will make important content stand out and the fluid responsive design makes the website accessible in all devices. The theme provides 7 homepage sections, 3 header layouts and is SEO ready for $59.
The reader theme claims to offer the fastest loading reader-friendly theme while maintaining WordPress standards and google guidelines. This theme has been specially designed to make it one the best sites for blogging, making it easy for the reader to skim your content. For $59, the theme provides 3 header layouts, 2 blog layouts, subscribe section, featured section and is SEO ready.
The blocks theme offers an aesthetically pleasing theme while loading at a fast speed. It is a clean theme with a very simple design making it easier for the user and the readers to understand and use. The Blocks theme is fluid responsive, making it look good on all devices.
Risen is a aesthetically pleasing, performance oriented, WordPress magazine theme. The Risen theme offers an aesthetically pleasing theme with a fast loading rate. It’s an eye-catching design with3 defined header layouts and 9 homepage sections for $59.
A perfect theme for content website, Reactor is aesthetically pleasing and super-fast at the same time. Its fluid responsive and comes with 10 homepage section and 4 header layouts with drag and drop homepage sections offered at $59.